Whatever your interests I can put together a tour to suit you. Like all my other tours we can do day or extended tours.
- Ancestry tours. I can design a tour to visit castles and other key locations for your particular clan or clans. I can also help try and track down where your direct ancestors lived and worked and take you there.
- Whisky tours. Today there are over 120 distilleries making ‘uisge beatha’ or the water of life and many of them are open to visitors for tours and tastings. I can arrange for you to visit one or more distilleries whether it is Glenkinchie just a few miles from Edinburgh or on the legendary little island of Islay off the west coast which is home to no less than eight distilleries!
- Film themed tours. Scotland has been the location for many famous films including Braveheart, Skyfall, the 39 Steps and the Harry Potter series. I can design tours around your interests.
- Outlander. I am a guide who has actually read the novels and can take you to the places where events in the books took place such as Inverness and Fort William and/or the locations where the excellent new TV series has been filmed.
- Literary tours. Scotland has a rich heritage of literature and its authors include Sherlock Holmes creator Arthur Conan Doyle, Robert Louis Stevenson who wrote Treasure Island, our national bard Robert Burns and the creator of Peter Pan, James Barrie. I can show you where they lived, worked and got their ideas.
- Architectural tours. Scotland is home to some of the finest buildings in the world and we are not just talking about Edinburgh and Glasgow .
- History tours where we can follow in the footsteps of legendary characters such as Mary Queen of Scots, Bonnie Prince Charlie or follow themes such as Christianity, The Romans, Christianity, Celts and Vikings.
- Garden tours. Scotland is blessed with many beautiful gardens which are open to the public.
- Industrial heritage and business history tours. As a business journalist I can give you a unique insight both into Scotland past and present.
- ‘Non-golfing partners’ tours. If you or a group are on holiday with your golf loving husband or husbands but don’t want to join him or them on a round then I can offer tours tailored to your interests whether it is gardens, castles, stately homes, interesting shops, tearooms with a difference or a combination of them all.
- Corporate tours. With my knowledge and background I am more than qualified to look after your special corporate guests and take them on tours designed to suit your company’s needs and interests.
- Film and TV location finding tours: If you are looking for interesting locations for your production I am more than happy to help.
- Walking tours: I am a keen walker and happy to take you on tours in the town or the country. We have many hidden gems and are spoiled for choice.